Why Should Kids do Yoga?
Kids Yoga has rapidly been gaining in popularity over the last decade because it has been proven to aid not only a child’s physical development, but also their social and cognitive development too.
Benefits to Physical Development
- Increases kids' fitness, flexibility, strength, and balance.
- Improves coordination and body awareness.
- Provides kids who do not like sport with a way to connect with their bodies and be active.
- Improves sporting ability and guards against injuries by increasing strength, flexibility, coordination, balance, and body awareness.
Benefits to Social Development
- Proven to improve self-esteem, allowing kids to become more confident in front of their peers.
-Classes are inherently safe and positive; an environment that allows kids to challenge themselves to try new things.
-Classes promote inclusivity and teamwork.
-Engages both sporty and non-sporty kids.
Benefits to Cognitive Development
- Develops concentration.
-Teaches children to manage stress and be able to regulate their emotions.
- Encourages a healthy, strong, positive body image.
- Has been shown to help reduce depression and anxiety in children.
- Introduces concepts and skills surrounding wellbeing and health.